Last Updated: September 11, 2017
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information if you fill out a form, send us an email, sign up for an event, sign up to receive updates or SMS alerts, request information, sign a petition, sign up as a volunteer (e.g. to phone bank or canvass from your phone), make a donation to MAPAC, submit content, communicate with us via third party social media sites, or otherwise communicate with us or through our platform. The types of information we collect may include your name, contact information (including email address, social media handles, user names, postal address, phone number), and other information you choose to provide.
In addition, the Federal Election Commission (FEC) may require us to collect certain personal information from donors to MAPAC. For example, the FEC requires us to collect (and disclose) the name, mailing address, occupation, and employer of all individuals whose donations to MAPAC exceed $200 per calendar year.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Site
When you access or use our Site, we automatically collect information about you, including:
• Log Information: We log information about your use of the Site, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Site.
• Device Information: We may collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers and mobile network information.
• Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your device each time you access or use our mobile applications or otherwise consent to the collection of this information. For more details, please see "Your Choices" below.
• Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to improve our Site and your experience, see which areas and features of our Site are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels" or "clear GIFs"). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Site or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see "Your Choices" below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Site. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to campaigns, activist groups, and other organizations with whom we work and publicly available sources. In addition, if you make a donation to Act Blue for our benefit (such as via the link on the Site), we will obtain certain information about you from Act Blue.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
• Provide, maintain, and improve our Site,
• Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
• Provide and deliver the information you request, process donations and transactions, coordinate volunteers and volunteer events and opportunities, and connect you with campaigns, activist groups and other organizations;
• Respond to your emails, submissions, comments, questions, and requests, provide customer service, request feedback, and otherwise contact you about your use of the Site;
• Communicate with you and send you information about various campaigns, candidates, issues, events, resources, tools, products and services and otherwise provide you with information you request or that we think will be of interest to you;
• Contact you if other information is necessary under Federal laws;
• Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Site;
• Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of MobilizeAmerica and others;
• Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and interests and match you with opportunities;
• Personalize and improve the Site and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests or that are based on the information you provide or the actions you take; and
• Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
MobilizeAmerica is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Site or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Sharing of Information
• With vendors, consultants, and other service providers or volunteers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
• To connect you with campaigns, activist groups and other organizations and to coordinate and facilitate, and help others to coordinate and facilitate, communications regarding volunteers and volunteer events and opportunities;
• With candidates, organizations, campaigns, groups or causes that we believe have similar political viewpoints, principles or objectives or share similar goals and with companies and organizations that facilitate communications and information sharing among such groups;
• To report required information to the Federal Elections Commission, including name, mailing address, occupation, and name of employers of individuals whose contributions exceed $200 in a calendar year (for additional information, visit the FEC website at http://www.fec.gov);
• When we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
• If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of MobilizeAmerica, its employees, volunteers, constituents or others;
• In connection with, or during negotiations of, any reorganization, formation of a successor organization, asset sale or transfer, financing or lending transaction or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of MobilizeAmerica; and
• With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Site that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
Links to Other Websites
Social Sharing Features
The Site may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook "Like" button), which let you share actions you take on our Site with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
For more information about Internet-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices.
MobilizeAmerica takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
When you launch our mobile application, you will be asked to consent to the application's collection of location information. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, our mobile applications, or certain features thereof, may no longer function. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile applications from your device.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Services. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Site.
You may opt out of receiving updates and newsletters by email by following the instructions in those emails, and you may stop receiving SMS alerts by texting STOP at any time. If you opt out, we may still send you other types of emails, such as those about your use of the Site or any donations or transactions.