We're growing our team!
MobilizeAmerica is a new event platform that makes it easy for progressive campaigns and grassroots groups to connect to citizens and drive them to the highest-impact volunteer opportunities that win elections. Through our web and mobile apps we help organizers scale in-person and digital volunteer programs by optimizing every point of contact with potential volunteers, from cold leads through confirmations and follow-up contact.
We’ve proven out unique hybrid of tech + organizing in the Virginia 2017 elections, and are looking for a self-starting software engineer to help expand out our volunteer management platform for the 2018 election cycle and beyond. We’re a member of the Higher Ground Labs (HGL) accelerator inaugural cohort, and our investors include Reid Hoffman (through HGL).
Role. As an early engineer on a small team, you’ll wear many hats and have significant ownership over the product and engineering roadmap, working closely with the founders on both product strategy and execution.
In particular, you’ll work on:
- Turning our core volunteer management platform into a self-service solution for campaigns and grassroots groups playing in the 2018 elections
- Building new features to help campaigns better acquire, engage, and retain volunteers throughout the election lifecycle
- Developing analytics pipelines and dashboards to help campaigns better understand the behavior of their volunteers and the performance of their organizers
- Thinking up a growth experiment or five, and testing them in the lightest way possible
Our stack is Python/Django, Postgres and React running on Heroku and AWS.
- You’ve shipped quality products end-to-end. It’s cool if your specialty is on one end of the stack, but you’re comfortable getting your hands dirty wherever a product needs, and the end-user experience is crucial to you.
- You’re comfortable owning a product roadmap and communicating with nontechnical stakeholders. Our core team comes from tech and business backgrounds, but we work closely with organizers and campaign staff to understand their needs and deliver tools that help them engage everyday people.
- You care deeply about empowering ordinary people for progressive causes. We’re a mission-driven company, and everything we do is guided by political impact. At the end of the day, we care about electing Democrats.
- You’re not afraid of uncertainty and aim to fail fast. We bring an ethos of experimentation to everything we build—you know it’s better to ship something early and learn than architect the perfect solution.
- You have at least three years of professional work experience.
Join us. To apply, send your resume or LinkedIn and a few words on why you’re passionate about supporting Democratic candidates. Position is based in New York City.