Last updated on August 5, 2019 to remove references to the MobilizeAmerica PAC and add instructions on privacy controls (e.g., cookie management).
We can change these Terms at any time. If a change is material, we’ll let you know before they take effect. By using Mobilize on or after that effective date, you agree to the new Terms. If you don’t agree to them, you should delete your account before they take effect, otherwise your use of the site and content will be subject to the new Terms.
Types of data collected
We collect personal information that you provide directly to us, including your name, email address, zip code, social media handles, phone number, user name, etc.
We collect information about the events you sign up for, even in the event you cancel your sign up, including where / when the event is, when you signed up for it, the affiliated organization, the promoting organization, what messages you sent to event hosts, whether you attended and what feedback you provided about the event, etc.
We collect information about how and when you use the Site, including:
• Logs: The type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Site
• Device: Computer or mobile device you use to access our Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers and mobile network information
• Location: If you give your express consent, we collect information about the location of your device each time you access or use our Site for the purposes of showing you opportunities near you. We never store this information.
How we collect this data
By default, we send cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to improve our Site and your experience, see which areas and features of our Site are popular and count visits. We may allow third parties to use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) to provide analytics and advertising services, including serving ads on the Site or on other sites based on your visits to the Site and other sites across the Internet and across various mobile applications. These entities may collect or receive information about your use of the Site and other websites and mobile applications, including your IP address, browser, device information, pages viewed, time spent on pages, links clicked and conversion information. This enables third-party vendors, including Google, to show our ads on sites across the Internet.
The “Your choices” section below describes how you can disable these.
We may also collect information using third-party web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels" or "clear GIFs"). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Site or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Site. These third parties include, but are not limited to campaigns, activist groups, and other organizations with whom we work and publicly available sources.
Use of information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
Improve the product
• Provide, maintain, and improve our Site;
• Provide vendors, consultants, and other service providers or volunteers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
• Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Site; and
• Personalize and improve the Site and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests.
Improve your customer service
• Respond to your emails, submissions, comments, questions, and requests;
• Provide you with customer service, request feedback, and otherwise contact you about your use of the Site;
• Provide and deliver the information you request and process transactions
• Coordinate volunteers with volunteer events and opportunities, including enabling campaigns and companies that you support or have previously engaged with to send you opportunities that are more tailored to your interests
• Connect you with campaigns, activist groups, other organizations and companies that we believe have similar political viewpoints, principles or objectives or share similar goals;
• Respond to volunteer actions that are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of MobilizeAmerica, its employees, volunteers, constituents or others; and
• Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of MobilizeAmerica and others.
Keep you updated
• Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages; and
• Communicate with you about events, products and services that we think will be of interest to you via email, MobilizeMessaging, SMS or desktop / mobile push notification. The “Your choices” section below explains how you can opt-out of promotional messages.
Comply with legal proceedings or changes in ownership processes
• We may share information with legal authorities or participants in a legal proceeding when we believe in good faith that:
we are lawfully authorized or required to or
doing so is reasonably appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes.
• We may share aggregated or anonymized information with potential acquirers, investors or business partners in connection with, or during negotiations of, any reorganization, formation of a successor organization, asset sale or transfer, financing or lending transaction.
MobilizeAmerica takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. These include using well-vetted open-source technologies, secure third-party cloud software, and industry best practices like HTTPS for all web traffic and encryption at rest.
Promotional communications from Mobilize
You may opt out of receiving updates and newsletters by email by following the instructions in those emails, and you may stop receiving SMS alerts by texting STOP at any time. If you opt out, we may still send you other types of emails, such as those about your use of the Site or any donations or transactions.
Google provides a suite of tools to control its cookies:
If you wish to block other cookies, you can use browser-level cookie controls described below. These settings can usually be found in the ‘Settings’, ‘Options’ or ‘Preferences’ menu of your browser.
MobilizeAmerica is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Site or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.